About cookies

The NCETM site uses cookies. Read more about our privacy policy

Please agree to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept them.

Personal Learning Login

Register with the NCETM

Primary Forum

Only logged in users can post to this forum.

White Rose maths planning - do you use it?

nlampard 24 May 2016 08:15
Posts1
Joined18/04/16

Hi, 

I am a year 6 teacher and maths coordinator who is currently looking into the White Rose Maths Hub planning and assessments and accompanying NCETM documents. So far, I really like the planning and am keen for my school to adopt them as a scheme come September but I just wanted to hear other people's opinions on them if you use them? 

I am also really trying to find a primary school (preferably KS2) within my area (Greater London, Bucks, Berks, Oxon) that uses that plans/scheme that I could connect with to chat to and possible visit to see the planning in action.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this planning, any points to consider etc or any contacts in the area that uses them that wouldn't mind me picking their brains?

Thanks

Natalie 

Link to this Post   Report this post Report this post

mathssolutions 24 May 2016 10:10
Posts7
Joined09/09/13

Hi Natalie,

I have heard good things about the resource but have no experience of schools that use it. Have you looked at Kangaoo Maths, which I think is really good and I know that schools who use it are enthusiastic. If you want to connect with someone to chat with about this resource try David Page at Jennetts Park Junior School in Bracknell. Good luck Russell

Laurie_Jacques 24 May 2016 10:23
Posts528
Joined27/06/06

I suggest you contact the White Rose Maths Hub directly and they might be able to put you in touch with the schools that have developed them as they have been written for teachers by teachers.

tstaneff 28 May 2016 16:35
Posts45
Joined24/07/11

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your post and email.  I am one of the leads a the White Rose Maths Hub.  We are trying to find you a school in your area that uses our schemes.  I'm waiting for a couple schools to come back to us.  I'm going to send you an email sometime next week to update you.  Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Best Wishes

Tony S

chris23dunn 28 March 2017 13:46
Posts1
Joined25/02/14

Hi Natalie

Have you had any success with what you were looking for from this post? I was about to ask a similar question to you as I'm keen to use this scheme in my own school this Sept.

I was particularly interested in how you took the scheme and matched it to assessing chidren.

Kind regards

Chris

tnewnham 24 July 2017 16:26
Posts3
Joined24/07/17

Hi Natalie,

I am in the same position as you! 

I am a year 6 teacher and have recently been made Head of Maths. I too have heard good things about the White Rose hub and have had a good look through their resources. I would like our school to start using them, especially the yearly over view as our long term planning. This would really be a leap into the unknown though as we haven't used a scheme for some time. 

My school is in East London, it would be great to keep in contact and see how you get on with White Rose?

Best,

Tom

Speckledegg 29 October 2017 17:22
Posts1
Joined29/10/17

HI Tony

Sorry to butt in here, are you able to direct me to the Termly lesson breakdowns  as I have changed year group and I have the year 4 but now cant find the year 3 ones?

Many Thanks in advance.

Mandy

bpeshawaria 11 March 2018 23:52
Posts1
Joined05/02/12

Hi just looked at your post and wanted to find out if you can direct me to white rose hub link School in or around Harrow London area? I am using the scheme but wanted to connect with the school to get a better understanding.

I work at Avanti school in Stanmore.