About cookies

The NCETM site uses cookies. Read more about our privacy policy

Please agree to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept them.

Personal Learning Login

Register with the NCETM

Secondary Forum

Only logged in users can post to this forum.

Request for text book recommendation

dbolton 17 March 2018 03:22
Posts8
Joined14/05/15

I have been teaching the Cambridge Extended iGCSE syllabus this year at an international school. The textbook used for the course lacks detail on some topics, such as quadratic and cubic sequences. (Introduced to the syllabus after the book was written, i suspect). Can anyone recommend a good, recently released, maths 'higher' GCSE course book that covers the topics that have been newly introduced ? I have asked on a Cambridge forum and no equivalent iGCSE book appears to be available as yet. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Link to this Post   Report this post Report this post

Karl01 19 March 2018 09:22
Posts1
Joined29/01/18

Hi, Cambridge University Press have just released a brand new book for the Core and Extended IGCSE syllabus, that includes up-to-date coverage of all topics and assessment objectives: http://www.cambridge.org/gb/education/subject/mathematics/cambridge-igcse-mathematics-2nd-edition/cambridge-igcse-mathematics-2nd-edition-core-and-extended-coursebook?isbn=9781108437189&format=PB#contents

dbolton 20 March 2018 06:39
Posts8
Joined14/05/15

Thank you for the reply Karl01.

Regards, Darren.