About cookies

The NCETM site uses cookies. Read more about our privacy policy

Please agree to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept them.

Personal Learning Login

Register with the NCETM

Primary Forum

Only logged in users can post to this forum.

Written Responses

wimsmita3 03 March 2020 14:59
Posts1
Joined09/12/19

Hello, 

I am looking at supporting my staff and pupils in improving the quality of written responses to either teacher feedback or a reflection types question where they have to explain a process or how to approach a problems. We are using the power maths scheme of work and have seen how important this reflective practise is to develop in our pupils. 

Does anyone know where I can find any good reads about this subject or have some links to useful information.

Thank you, 

Link to this Post   Report this post Report this post

Laurie_Jacques 03 March 2020 21:09
Posts549
Joined27/06/06

Maybe look at the NCETM's marking guidance as a first step but you should also be aware of the DfE's guidance on marking and teacher workload.

Laurie_Jacques 03 March 2020 21:18 - Last edited by Laurie_Jacques on 03 March 2020 21:18
Posts549
Joined27/06/06

Also Chapter 1 in Improving Mathematics in KS2&3 will provide you with a useful introduction to the use of formative assessment strategies.

Have you considered journalling during lessons? In this way you mark with the class and provide immediate feedback at the same time, pupils are correcting in the moment rather than a day later.