About cookies

The NCETM site uses cookies. Read more about our privacy policy

Please agree to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept them.

Personal Learning Login

Register with the NCETM

Maths Café

Only logged in users can post to this forum.

Welcome to the Maths Café

1 to 10 of 17
ncetm_administrator 04 July 2006 10:39
Portal Administrator
Posts1509
Joined13/06/06
This is the place to discuss topics that don't fit into the other forums. General maths chat, thoughts on career development and suggestions for lessons.
Link to this Post   Report this post Report this post

Fiona_Allan 26 May 2007 21:37
Assistant Director (PD Leadership and Evaluation)
Posts1174
Joined29/06/06
And I'm going to use this area to announce the first South East Competition - Solve the June SE Internet Treasure Trail - surf the portal and win a £25 book token!.   See www.ncetm.org.uk/se for further details!

joyhilmi 21 November 2007 18:20
Posts1
Joined17/11/07

Hello,

I tried to send in something to the Maths Cafe but it hasn't appeared and the system wouldn't let me save what I wrote. Is there some particularly clever way of writing to this conference or haven't I been signed up to the NCETM for long enough (I just joined on Sunday) or was it just misbehaving?

Best wishes,

Joy

ncetm_administrator 22 November 2007 09:52
Portal Administrator
Posts1509
Joined13/06/06

Joy -

Thanks for this: we've e-mailed you separately about this.  In summary, we've investigated, and it looks as if there was a technical 'blip' over last weekend, which may have struck just as you were trying to write: our apologies for this.  Please be assured that we don't discriminate on 'length of service'!

Tim_Coombs 20 February 2008 13:02
Posts1901
Joined27/06/06

I have just posted something in the Secondary Forum asking:

Do the 8 principles apply to revision?

Would be really keen to hear from folk about what makes good revision teaching ... what do you think?

NB  But please reply in the Secondary Forum not here in The Maths Cafe!

nushe_chy 27 February 2010 14:08
Posts2
Joined27/02/10
Hi everyone,

I have just joined the group and was hoping that I could get some advice as I am a trainee lecturer TRYING to embed numeracy into my Law lectures as part of my CPD....Help!  any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

kathrynp 02 March 2010 00:15
Posts188
Joined19/07/06

Hi and welcome!

I have put a post here replying to you. You might like to start a new topic in the FE forum, where people are more knowledgeable about embedding numeracy.

Kathryn

naidoov 30 March 2010 08:34
Posts1
Joined15/06/07
Hi there!

I am currently a pastoral head, with my year group now in year 11, I feel it is time for a change. I am an aspiring Head of Maths... any advice on how to make the cross over? I feel a bit stuck and not sure how to move myself on. I would appreciate any advice.

thanks
venassa

Tim_Stirrup 18 May 2010 17:37
Posts354
Joined04/12/08
Hi Venassa,

you may want to take a look at the Excellence in Mathematics Leadship materials as a start?

Tim

Nimster 26 February 2011 20:57
Posts4
Joined26/02/11
Hi,

After 16 years in business I've decided to retrain and study for a PGCE in Secondary Maths - one of my interviews is going to cover current educational issues in secondary maths, and was wondering if anyone could point me to the communities / blogs that would best cover this area?

Thanks in advance.

Nim
1 to 10 of 17