About cookies

The NCETM site uses cookies. Read more about our privacy policy

Please agree to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept them.

Personal Learning Login

Register with the NCETM

HLTA

Only logged in users can post to this forum.

HLTA meetings in the North

joe1013 08 April 2010 12:27 - Last edited by joe1013 on 08 April 2010 12:33
Posts15
Joined31/01/08
Hello again, everyone

I have now completed meetings with HLTAs and TAs in Greater Manchester, Yorkshire and Lancashire. thank you so much for your time, hospitality and enthusiasm. Keep up the good work!!

I am sure it will be good to keep in touch and share ideas and our successes with one another. Getting out of school to meet can be a problem but we can still have our network and even link with others. Please use this forum to do that.

We "toured" the Portal and you were able to see how much support is there for you and we looked at some inter-active resources, mysteries, puzzles, etc which I hope will help you improve the learning of mathematics for the children you work with.

One activity which proved interesting at some meetings was the Race Game which introduces the idea of a variable, substitution and simple directed numbers. I am uploading this for all to try. Do let me know how it worked in your classroom and whether you made any changes.

I will post other ideas soon so please keep in touch with me and each other. 

Joe

Race Game
Link to this Post  

Liz_Henning 15 April 2010 15:51
Posts157
Joined01/09/06

Hi Joe
I love the Race Game! How clever and a really great way to reinforce the idea of variables changing and give fun practice in substitution!
Liz

Link to this Post