We provide not-for-profit professional development throughout the United Kingdom through the Every Child Counts (ECC) project and the Specialist Primary Mathematics Practice Programmes (SPMPP).
ECC has supported over 6,000 schools since 2008. It provides training, resources to enable teachers and teaching assistants to help children who have difficulties with mathematics, through:
- the 1stClass@Number, Success@Arithmetic, Talk 4 Number, and Numbers Count interventions that help pupils to make an average of 14 months progress in just 3.5 months
- Intervention in a Mastery Context CPD, for schools that take a mastery approach to mathematics and want to develop a range of strategies to support pupils who are at risk of falling behind
- training and support for trainers who want to deliver ECC training to schools in their area.
SPMPP has supported over 1,500 teachers and teaching assistants since 2010. It provides a range of courses that can be tailored to individual schools’ needs, including:
- for teachers – the Postgraduate Certificate in Specialist Primary Mathematics Practice, delivered through a blend of face-to-face days and online learning
- for teaching assistants - Supporting Mathematical Understanding and Fluency, delivered over four half-days.