educationGateshead’s Primary Mathematics Team offers a high quality, comprehensive service supporting schools to raise standards in mathematics for children from EYFS to the end of Key Stage 2.
- A varied CPD programme planned annually to address local and national issues and delivered in our own training centre.
- Regular subject leader network meetings.
- Bespoke CPD tailored for individual schools or networks of schools which includes:
- School based training days or twilight sessions
- Work alongside teachers in classrooms
- Whole school mathematics days
- Subject leader development support
- CPD for schools wishing to introduce or develop the use of Numicon from our Numicon affiliated trainers
- Support for effective intervention programmes through training for Numbers Count and Firstclass@number.
- Support for school leaders to:
- Assess the effectiveness of provision for mathematics learning in their school
- Develop and monitor plans to bring about improvements in provision focused on raising standards
- Analyse, monitor and track pupil progress, to set targets and identify actions needed to achieve targets.
Pauline Braviner is an accredited NCETM Professional Development Lead in Primary Mathematics.
Pat McCabe is an Every Child Counts Teacher Leader Consultant.