This project enables those local leaders of maths education who lead hub work to join a local professional learning community. Participants will be well-supported, developed and strengthened for their role within the Maths Hub and wider network.
Who can take part?
The members of any Maths Hub LLME Community are the Maths Hub Leads, Assistant Maths Hub Leads, Mastery Specialists and Work Group Leads who support the work of the hub. These professionals could have other roles such as SLEs or PD Leads, but they will be working directly with the hub in the roles outlined. Individual Maths Hubs may have a clear rationale for inviting further participants, but these will be limited in numbers and related to the growth of the community.
What is involved?
Participants will attend several LLME gatherings, spread across the academic year and equating to three days of time. These will be planned in line with the five design principles below and have content balanced between community, leadership and maths knowledge for teaching.
- Establish, develop and revisit a common meaning and purpose
- Explicitly plan for professional growth
- Model and expect high levels of professionalism
- Design for push and pull
- Develop collective and collaborative leadership
What will you learn?
You will have opportunities to connect with your community of local leaders of maths education, build wider professional relationships and:
- Improve your knowledge and understanding of the expectations in effectively planning, delivering and evaluating a Work Group
- Have opportunities to constructively challenge your thinking and develop new ideas
- Learn skills relevant to your role as a leader and provider of professional development
- Share and further develop your knowledge of maths for teaching
- Consider how to incorporate new professional learning into your leadership practice.
What is the cost?
The LLME Communities project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participants and their schools. Funding covers provision for the equivalent of three days.