The website is an extensive online resource providing tools and ideas for the professional development of mathematics educators across all phases, and is a dynamic means of communication between them. It comprises:
- News – the latest information about developments in the NCETM and the world of mathematics, including useful links to stories in the media.
- Resources – a wealth of interesting and innovative resources, research and case studies that will help educators make a difference to mathematics teaching and learning. This area is also host to the NCETM online Primary and Secondary magazines (previously we also published magazines for Early Years and FE - these have now been incorporated into the Primary and Secondary magazines respectively).
- Courses & Events – find out about regional and national courses and events through accessing the Professional Development Calendar, discover which NCETM events are right for you, and access 'off-the-shelf' PD materials that can help you, your department, or school develop professionally.
- Teacher Enquiry – a place for teachers to explore and learn from others’ hands-on research projects. Find out about NCETM funded projects, and investigate sources of funding for your own professional development.
- Community – a variety of online communities, forums and blogs allowing users to share ideas and discuss issues to help their own and others’ mathematics CPD.
- Mathemapedia – A wide ranging wiki where each entry seeks to offer a stimulus to spark off some element of enquiry, classroom-based action research, or other professional development activity.
- Personal Learning – is a private area where users can link to favourite items on the portal, easily access their own contributions, keep notes and reflections, and collect evidence for use in career progression. It includes the all-important Self-evaluation Tools, where teachers can find out about their strengths and development needs, evaluate their own performance and subject knowledge, and identify training and development needs.
The NCETM website supports most modern browsers including: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer and Firefox. Please ensure you are using the most up-to-date version available.
Users who use Microsoft browsers may have to configure the settings on their browser to view the website. Please see below.
In the Edge browser, click on (…) button on the top right corner and select Open with Internet Explorer. This should enable you to access the website.
Internet Explorer 11
You should be able to access our website without any difficulties.
Using Internet Explorer versions 8, 9 and 10
1. On the Internet Explorer main menu, select Tools > Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options box, select the Advanced tab.
3. In the Security category, uncheck Use SSL 3.0 and check Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 (if available).
4. Click OK
5. Exit and restart Internet Explorer.
Older versions of Internet Explorer are not supported.
If you have any queries, comments or suggestions, please do contact us: we'll be happy to hear from you.