Have you seen...?
Mathematics Resources for Further Education Teachers in Training
A set of two CD-ROMs which aims to help you:
- pass your training and thereafter maintain QTLS
- teach FE mathematics with increasing confidence
- become aware of the professional development opportunities at the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM)
- consider the advantages of joining one of the three mathematics subject associations
- save time when looking for certain secondary and FE mathematics materials including those form the QIA Excellence Gateway, National Strategies: Secondary, QCA, DBIS etc.
They also provide links to useful mathematics websites as well as copies of other important resources.
If you are an FE teacher in training, ask your course tutor for a copy of the CDs.
Course tutors can get multiple copies by emailing Joan Ashley.
TALENT – training adult literacy, ESOL and numeracy teachers
A website with information and advice for teachers, teacher trainers and those interested in becoming teachers in the adult sector.
BoardDeskHead is a Mathemapedia article on using interactive whiteboards effectively.
A set of resources to support the generic skills, knowledge and understanding of trainee teachers. Organisations will also find the resources useful when planning their own continuing professional development (CPD) programmes. Subject learning coaches will find these resources particularly useful in supporting colleagues with their teaching and learning.
We would be pleased to include your recommendations for this section of the magazine. Please email them to us.