One aspect of the NCETM’s work is to support the professional development of teachers by making high quality resources freely available to all teachers of mathematics. This microsite has been designed specifically for people on a secondary or FE initial teacher education course. It aims to support all aspects of the course that relate to mathematics.
The aim of these materials is to help you:
- be successful in your training and therefafter maintain QTS or QTLS
- teach Secondary and/or FE mathematics with increasing confidence
- become aware of the professional development opportunities at the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics
- consider the advantages of joining one of the three mathematics subject assosiations
- save time when looking for certain secondary and FE mathematics materials including those from the QIA Excellence Gateway, National Strategies, QCDA, DIUS etc
Additionally it provides links and resources to useful mathematics websites as well as copies of other important resources.
We hope that you find these materials useful but that you will also make regular use of the rest of the NCETM web portal on your course and throughout your career. Just go to www.ncetm.org.uk and log on. There are lots of useful resources, tips, chat rooms and communities for you to share your experiences as you develop your teaching career, which together with face to face activities supported by the NCETM Regional Coordinators enable teachers to truly have a continuing focus on professional development. What’s more is that there’s no charge – it’s all absolutely free.
So, good luck with the rest of your course, enjoy the microsite and the wider portal and we look forward to being in touch again in the future.
Professor Celia Hoyles OBE
Director, National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics