Taking GCSE Deeper
A suite of maths CPD workshops for experienced teachers of GCSE Maths or those new to teaching GCSE Maths. They explore a range of maths concepts and pedagogy.
Teachers of GCSE gain more confidence in teaching GCSE topics. Students have a better learning experience.
Teachers of GCSE Mathematics who would like to deepen their mathematical knowledge at level 2 and/or prepare for the changes in GCSE mathematics teaching and learning.
- Further developtheir teaching and learning skills.
- Expereince deep learning of mathematics at level 2.
- Consider the impact of changes to/in?the GCSE Maths examinations.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Think more deeply about a range of maths concepts.
- Address the changes to GCSE.
- Taking GCSE Deeper (1). Number and Probability.
- Taking GCSE Deeper (2). Algebra and Statistics.
- Taking GCSE Deeper (3). Geometry and Trigonometry.
Each one day workshop that usually runs from 10.00 to 16.00 and is for up to 20 participants.
(e.g. qualification and/or experience requirements)
Applicants should already be teaching GCSE Maths or know that they will be teaching GCSE Maths during this or the next academic year.
(e.g. Pre course activity)
It would be helpful if delegates completed the post-16 level Self evaluation tool on the NCETM website.
If you are interested in running any of the FE and Skills workshops in your organisation please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and costs.