Secure Vitaliser (Offender Learning)
Maths teachers in the Secure Estate who work with post-16 learners meet a unique combination of challenges and opportunities. This one day workshop offers these teachers opportunities to reflect on those challenges and opportunities and to develop their professional skills and practices.
Teachers will be motivated and equipped to meet the needs of their learners and to continue on their personal professional development journeys.
This workshop has been designed to support those who teach maths in the Secure Estate up to or at Level 2.
To support Secure Estate maths teachers to develop their personal maths skills and confidence and their teaching skills and confidence.
By the end of this session delegates will be able to:
- self-assess and develop their personal maths skills and pedagogical skills, and create professional development plans
- understand more deeply some key mathematical ideas
- explore strategies for engaging their students mathematically and for sustaining that engagement
- evaluate and choose resources and approaches which will meet the needs of their learners
Secure Estate Vitaliser
- Module 1
- Module 2
- Module 3 - Beyond the worksheet
- Module 4 - This worked for me
One day workshop that usually run from 10.00 to 16.00 for up to 20 participants.
(e.g. qualification and/or experience requirements)
No qualifications required, but applicants must be teaching maths to post-16 learners in the Secure Estate in England.
(e.g. pre course activity)
Applicants should register (free) on the following websites and bring login details to the workshop:
If this is not exactly what you require why not consider...
If you are interested in running any of the FE and Skills workshops in your organisation please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and costs.