- Published: 03/02/2021
Louise Maule is the Project Lead for Maths4Girls, an organisation that arranges for women, in jobs where maths is needed, to speak to groups of secondary school students. The hope is that this will inspire more girls to take maths beyond GCSE and into degrees and careers with a maths content. Enuma Afulukwe is head of maths at a school which has already taken up the opportunity.
Taking part in the discussion are:
- Louise Maule, Project Lead, Maths4Girls
- Enuma Afulukwe, Head of Maths, The Hemel Hempstead School
- Steve McCormack, NCETM Communications Director
- 00:06 – Introduction and overview of Maths4Girls
- 02:26 – Why is this necessary?
- 06:06 – How do schools take part?
- 11:56 – One school’s experience
Maths4Girls webpage: www.founders4schools.org.uk/educators/maths4girls
For more information, contact Louise Maule at firstname.lastname@example.org