- Published: 10/12/2020
James Cresswell teaches at a large secondary school in Suffolk where ability-setting in maths is well established, for all year groups. To reduce movement and numbers of contacts during the pandemic, the school took the decision to teach Key Stage 3 in their mixed attainment form groups in autumn 2020. This has been a big change for the department, and James tells us how he has made the most of it.
Taking part in the discussion are:
James Cresswell: maths teacher at a secondary school in Suffolk
Gwen Tresidder: NCETM Communications Manager
05:36 - How have your lessons changed?
12:06 - Where have you got support and ideas from?
14:46 - How have students and parents reacted?
James Cresswell tweets as @mathsmrc.
During the conversation, James mentions:
- Helen Hindle interview on Mr Barton Maths Podcast
- Variation theory website from Mr Barton Maths
- Mixed attainment maths website
- Resourceaholic website
- Maths4everyone website
- Attending online maths conferences – these were the Complete Maths conferences 23 and 24. Conference 25 is on 13 March 2021
- The NCETM’s Tuesday evening Twitter chat (7-8pm) #mathscpdchat – open to all.